Volunteer With Us
We are so grateful for the difference our volunteers make and we simply cannot survive without their contribution.
Our volunteers are of all ages and backgrounds and we are thrilled when they say how they enjoy giving back, that volunteering gives them purpose and they love meeting new people and making firm friends.
Whether it is offering professional experience or gaining new skills on the job, our volunteers are always willing to help.
We have many opportunities available and welcome new additions to our family
- Individual volunteers must be able to work independently. If you require a support worker or need guidance when completing tasks, please contact Michelle to discuss any issues.
- Businesses. We welcome staff groups of up to 20 people to join our team for a day of volunteering. (This can also be a great team building exercise!). Group sessions are normally offered at our Community Market or for an event. . Please contact Michelle for further information.
- Professionals or corporations with specialised skills. Invisible Illnesses Inc welcomes volunteers with specific skill sets. For example; qualified people – hairdresser, nail technician, Reiki Therapist, podiatrist, dietician or, business professionals who might assist in areas of finance, human resources, training, safety, or marketing.
There is always lots to do at Invisible Illnesses Inc, from sorting and processing goods in our opshop to volunteering in our offices or supporting our members with cleaning or gardening which is why we value the specialised skills, energy, and enthusiasm of our volunteers. We have the following roles available:
Volunteer Retail Assistant
We have opportunities available in our new op shop.
- sorting donations,
- organising clothes,
- working on the register,
- keeping the store clean and tidy.
The store has a team of volunteers who work together to keep our stores running. Volunteering in the retail store is a great way to gain work experience, and build your retail skills. Each team is also very lovely and welcoming, so if you’re looking for some community involvement, some new friends, or an excuse to get out of the house – this role is perfect for you
Passionate about event management? Want to work for an organisation supporting suffers of an invisible illness? If you’re super organised, great with people and have a passion for helping others, this could be the perfect role for you!
Coordinate the development and program of the event
Approach local business for support and donations of prizes
Search and apply for grants to help pay for the event
Manage the set up and pull down of the event on the day
Loyalty Program Manager
This role would suit a highly organised individual with the ability to manage a database, with passion and drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual with the ability to work autonomously. This role will suit a self-motivated candidate who can follow up on issues and has excellent oral and written communication skills. You will be responsible for the management and development of the program.
Men’s Group Facilitator
It’s time to MAN UP for Men’s Group! Are you an out of the box thinker? Then this role may be for you. We are looking for a male volunteer superstar to facilitate a fortnightly/monthly Men’s Group. Planning, engaging and implementing activities will make this role very rewarding and promises to be lots of fun.
How would you like to work alongside the leadership team of a progressive impactful charity organisation?
Ready to make a difference in our community? Your sole role would be to
seek out and apply for government, community and philanthropic grants on our behalf, working in conjunction
with the executive leadership team.
You would be required to seek out and apply for government, community and philanthropic grants on ourbehalf, working in conjunction with our executive team. You would assist in projectdevelopment and be responsible for the writing and submission of grant applications to the relevant agencies.The person responsible for this role would preferably need a strong knowledge of government and not forprofit legislation and grant writing. This is one of the most important and rewarding roles within ourorganisation. Without grant funding a not for profit charity organisation cannot grow and reach its fullpotential.
A sponsorship coordinator is a person that is responsible for gathering together a group of paying sponsors for an event in exchange for advertising opportunities. Sponsorship coordinators work for events like fairs, conferences, and nonprofit group fundraisers. In this role, the duties include putting together a list of potential sponsors for the event, contacting them to solicit their participation, and coordinating their promotion in the event. Their participation is sometimes as small as a banner but sponsors often like to get more involved in the event. You would be required to attract and retaining sponsors, developing sponsorship proposals, managing all partnerships
The position available is for a crew member who will be assisting our Market & Events Coordinator with our monthly community market and events. All of this is to contribute to the fantastic atmosphere and reputation we have built. This is a fun way to spend a few hours. You get to meet lots of interesting people and enjoy the atmosphere of the markets and events. Most events and markets are held on weekends so you NEED to be available on an event weekend.
We are Centrelink Approved
Some Centrelink clients may be eligible to elect to volunteer with us to meet their Mutual Obligation Requirements. An individual’s eligibility to volunteer as part of their activity requirements will depend on that particular individual’s Mutual Obligation Requirements. We are a Centrelink approved organisation.If you would like to volunteer to meet your Mutual Obligation Requirements please speak to your Job Service Provider.
You can also get involved by:
- Discussing your condition openly with your medical and treatment professionals.
- Leaving some Information Leaflets at your pharmacy, doctor’s etc.
- Sharing links to our social media pages and groups.
- Coming to our Never Hide Your Wings Gala & Recognition Night that is held in September each year
- Making a donation to help with our running costs.
- Attending our roaming lunches
- Join our committee
- Join our Events Crew
- Participate in our fundraising events
- Become a sponsor
- Be part of our Loyalty Program
- Become part of our Wellbeing Services by volunteering your services
- If your crafty come and make some items we can sell at the markets
How can I get involved?
If you would like to know more about volunteering please contact us today!
Call: 9556 7119
Online: Please complete our Volunteer Expressions of Interest Form.
In Store: Drop into our office U3/4 Leach Crescent Rockingham
Please note: We require all volunteers aged 18 and over to have a valid National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check